I am a Computer Vision Scientist at SRI International (Stanford Research Institute) in Princeton, New Jersey. I graduated with a PhD degree from Machine Perception Lab at UCSD and was advised by Dr. Marian Bartlett.
Before joining UCSD, I completed my bachelor's in ECE at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India. My research interest in general spans across computer vision problems related to classification and detection in both images and videos. During my PhD I primarily worked on problem related to action classification in videos for both recogninizing human facial behavior and human actions. At SRI I am currently exploring topics related to deep multimodal (vision, language and audio) learning for understanding social media structure under DAPRA, AFRL and ONR programs.
- Technical report on our work on combining Weakly and Webly supervised learning for classifying food images is available.
- Our prior work extending our CVPR 2016 paper on Latent Ordinal Model to Human Action Recognition has been accepted to IEEE TPAMI . Please find the paper here.
- AdaScan paper has been accepted to CVPR 2017.
- We have uploaded paper for our new work- AdaScan (Adaptive Scan Pooling) for human action classification in videos. AdaScan is a deep CNN that pools informative and discriminative frames in a single temporal scan of the video.
- I have joined the Vision and Learning group at SRI International in Princeton, New Jersey.
amhave successfully defended on 15th August 2016 and here are the video as well as the presentation slides.
- Our paper extending our CVPR 2016 work has been uploaded to arXiv. This work extends LOMo algorithm and also evaluates it on human action classification. We provide extenstive qualitative and quantitative experiments. We have updated the project page.
- I had a wonderful and productive 2 week visit to Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur as a visiting researcher (16th May - 27th May 2016).
- Paper (Spotlight Presentation) accepted at Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2016, with Dr. Gaurav Sharma (Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur).
- Blog entry on my thesis and CVPR paper.
- Will be working as an Associate intern in Vision and Learning group at SRI International, Princeton from Jan-Mar 2016.
- Two Paper accepted in BMVC 2015 .
- Another article on Collaborative work on predicting Pain in pediatric population in Engadget Link
- Article on Collaborative work on predicting Pain in pediatric population in UCSD Heath Newsroom Link
- Paper on 'Automated Assessment of Children's Post-Operative Pain' accepted in Pediatrics journal. Collaborative work with Dr. Jeannie Huang, Dr. Kenneth Craig, Dr. Marian Bartlett, Alex Ahmed and Damariz Diaz.
- Group Expression paper (collaborative work with Dr. Abhinav Dhall et al.) accepted in IEEE FG 2015 .
- Finished my thesis proposal exam and advanced to candidacy.